Colors affect our moods in many ways.The you pick color, is going to be the main focus in your room. Before buying gallons of paint, consider the effect it will have on the appearance and mood of the room.
Warm and Cozy Colors
Warm and cozy colors, located on the right side of the color wheel, convey a message of togetherness and strength:
- Red represents energy, power and passion. It’s also been found to stimulate appetite so it’s a common choice for dining rooms.
- Less aggressive than red, orange creates warmth and a sense of joy. However, it’s very hard to tone down and is often used as an accent color only.
- Yellow has different effects depending on how much is used. Generally, yellow is a happy and uplifting color but when it’s overused it can become distracting and overwhelming.
Cool and Soothing Colors
Cool and soothing colors, located on the left side of the color wheel, provide a sense of calm and feelings of trust:
- Green conveys a sense of renewal and growth. It’s also one of nature's most prominent colors and blends easily with any room.
- Blue is generally a peaceful color. Light blue can make a room appear bright and refreshing, while a deep blue creates a sense of dignity.
- Violet combines the calm of blue and the energy of red. Violet is often used in bedrooms to communicate an air of serenity.
We Design. We Build. We Sell.