1. Make a Statement.Look for unique fixtures to draw attention to a favorite furnishing, artwork or area of a room.
2. Unexpected Places. Take a room from so-so to stunning with dramatic lighting.
3.Repeat Design. Repetition is often used to create a unified space.
4.Wash of Color. Brighten up an unusual space with a colored light.
5. Classic Meets Contemporary. Mix old with new. Designer Randy Weinstein adds a vintage touch with industrial hanging lights, but keeps the kitchen updated with custom wood cabinetry and white subway tiles.
6. Brilliant Shades. Have fun with the lampshade. They're easier to switch out than an entire light, making the fixture more adaptable to your space. Designer Christopher Grubb chose a playful silk shade to add a punch of color to this dining area.
7. Complementary Style. Pendant lights are the perfect addition to any kitchen island. Not only do they provide task lighting, but they also continue the style of the space. Use stainless steel shades for a sleek contemporary look or colorful ones for an eclectic style